Just saw this nano article in yesterday's local squeek - Le Courier.
No great detail - just numbers although I daresay if you log on to the Marine Scotland (who ?) websicht you'll be able to feast your eyes on graphs, piecharts aplenty.
"Conscientious Scots anglers released nearly seven out of ten rod caught salmon and grilse last season, according to Marine Scotland. Of the 72,595 total reported salmon and grilse caught by rod and line in 2009, anglers released 67% back to the water. The figure rose to 82% for vulnerable spring salmon. In total, 85,450 salmon and grilse were caught in 2009. Rod and line constituted 85% of the total, with the remaining 15% caught by licensed nets men. There were 33,103 sea trout caught last year - 23,725 by rod and line. Of the rod caught sea trout, 66% were released. Fisheries minister Ricardo Lochhead said, "Our salmon fisheries are economically important to rural communities, and good practice such as catch and release helps to ensure a healthy industry and protects all sectors."
Last Edit: Oct 10, 2010 20:15:50 GMT by sinkingtip
tweedcast: Price of 1 1/2 inch black and yellow tosh aluminum tubes just went up Graham.
Feb 3, 2015 18:39:15 GMT
tweedcast: Price of Black and Yellow plain Tosh 1 1/2 inch aluminum tubes with 3 inch wings just went up Graham. Malcolm
Feb 3, 2015 18:41:27 GMT
tweed ghillie: can anyone clarify the new law about returning salmon dead or alive,,,does it include the killing of sea trout someone point me in the right direction
Feb 14, 2015 12:05:56 GMT
159may: Do you still have the hrady swift reel and what is the line capacity
May 26, 2015 21:30:14 GMT
howardtf: Hi, only just joined the forum and I am looking for a used AirFlow airlite 13ft salmon rods ta reasonable price. I only use a 13ft occasionally and I have been reading the reports and the older version of the Airflow airlite seems to meet my needs/budget
Jul 16, 2015 18:05:13 GMT
loggerdog: Hello Sinktip. I used to fish Cortachy Castle/Downie Park many Moons ago. Live in Canada now. I talk regularly with StincharLad and he suggested that I make contact with you. e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org. Look forward to a "Blether"!
Feb 17, 2016 19:54:27 GMT
tweedcast: Hi, I have not been on the forum for a long time, will be more active this year. Friend is searching for a beat map of Balmakewan on North Esk. An assistance greatly appreciated. Malcolm
May 9, 2016 18:57:03 GMT
uist: Hi everyone, new boy here. I have been looking at fluorocarbon vs other leaders. However a guide in Tampa for tarpon he swears by Fluro and the San Diego Jam a knot.
Nov 17, 2017 16:29:16 GMT